I don’t know about you but bright yellows make me smile. It is a mood lifting colour so as it is one of the shadess of the season we are set for a very cheerful summer.
And it isn’t just us and the fashion magazines that love yellow this year. Two of the most memorable outfits from the recent royal wedding used bright yellow in different but equally striking ways:
A bright yellow summer top can be very striking but if you don’t feel comfortable in a whole garment in the colour you could think of stripes or edgings in yellow. Or accessories from socks to light shawls or crocheted clutch bags. We think there is a little bit of yellow for everyone and have picked out a few lovely yellow yarns to inspire you.
Clockwise from top left:
- Rico Essentials cotton in Banana
- Yarn Stories Fine merino 4-ply, Primrose colourway
- King Cole Luxury DK in Mustard
- The brand new Summer Linen from Sirdar in the daffy colourway
- Wendy Pixile DK in Butternut
- If you don’t want to be completely yellow chose a variegated or self striping yarn like James C Brett’s Harmony DK