Winter sweaters are getting bigger and bigger. Looking at catwalk pictures and magazine articles about winter fashion trends, we have seen lots of large textured sweaters with scarves or even belts.
Big and bold is definitely the way to go which is good news for knitters because that means quick knits in chunky yarns.
We’ve pulled out a few patterns to get you started (clockwise from top left).
- Simple rib textures can be very effective in chunky jumpers such as this one from James C Brett (JB639)
- Sunday by Erika Knight shows off a giant cable
- Knit this textured chunky jacket in Sirdar’s Harrap Tweed Chunky a size or two larger to get this season’s oversized look (7853)
- All over cables and tweedy yarns are an effective choice for big knits like this Stylecraft Swift Knit pattern (9723)
- This King Cole Poncho in super chunky shows off big texture in a bright colour
- Striped oversized jumpers are also part of the fashion trend. This one is in Rico Fashion Modern Tweed Aran